快捷搜索:  

80个经典句子背初中单词 希望英语单词80个句子40个

when was child, always dreaming teacher my eye"s,teacher is very cool knows all the things,and gives us knowledges,just likelight,which leads the bright.now am student in high school, study hard order achieve my aim when feel miserable like talk the teacher give advices time went will college, want enroll teaching university realized my dream.

1. The two leaders stated that both countries would develop good-neighborly
and friendly relations on the basis of mutual respect for sovereignty and
territorial integrity, non-aggression, non-interference in each other’s
internal affairs, equality and mutual benefit and peaceful co-existence.
两位领导人声明,两国将在互相尊重主权和领土完整,互不侵犯,互不干涉内政,平等
互利与和平共处的基础上发展睦邻友好关系。

2. The country’s stability depends on how well the president can groom a
successor.
这个国家能否稳定取决于总统能否成功地培养一个接班人。
注:groom,使准备参加竞选,做好准备,训练。

3. He accused the prime minister of burnishing his own image while folding
under pressure.
他指责总理一方面在压力下退缩,一方面给自己脸上贴金。
注:accuse用在法律上应当译成“”指控“,如:He was accused of theft.(他被指
控犯有偷窃罪);fold,作不及物动词用时有”关闭“、”垮台“的意思此处转义”退
缩“;burnishing原意是抛光、擦亮。

4. The opposition leader’s speech stole the headlines from the government.
反对党领袖的演讲在报纸上大出风头,使政府相形见绌。
注:直译是:反对党领袖的演讲从政府手里偷走了报纸的通栏大标题。

5. He said that the release of the men gave the green light to terrorism.
他说,释放这些人,等于向恐怖主义活动开绿灯。
注:也可以翻译成“等于纵容恐怖主义活动“。

6. The CIA is drawing fire as its director is questioned over press leaks.
中央情报局被骂得焦头烂额,因为局长正因为报界泄密的问题接受质询。
注:CIA=CENTUAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY,美国中央情报局;drawing fire ,原意是
“招致猛烈抨击“;leaks, 此处显然指”泄密“。

7. Albright played hardball by walking out of the meeting.
奥尔布莱特以退出会场的方式表示强硬的立场。
注:play hardball,表示强硬(立场、抗议、反对等),hardball也可以用作形容词,
如 hardball questions,故意刁难,非常难回答的问题。

8. While the West goes about its business, Russia gains nothing by going off
into a corner to sulk.
西方依然我行我素,而俄罗斯一无所获,只好缩在旮旯(ga-la)里生气。
注:这个句子非常形象:to go about one’s business 的意思是“该干什么还干什
么”;go off into a corner to sulk,直译是“走开到一个角落里生气”; gain
nothing,什么也没有得到。

9. Blair is unlikely to roll back any of the previous ruling party’s major
economic reforms.
布莱尔看来不可能从上宙执政党推行的任何重大经济改革中退缩。
注:previous此处指布莱尔出任英国首相之前的执政党,即保守党。

10. The whiff of scandal, and particularly the cash-for-questions imbroglio,
reminds the electorate that power concentrated in the hands of a single
party for too long tends to corrupt.
尽管丑闻不大,而且这些来路不明的款项内情复杂,至今尚无定论,却也足以提醒选民
:权力集中字一个政党手中过长就会产生腐败。
注:a whiff of scandal,一个小小的丑闻; imbroglio,情节复杂、难下结论的事
情。

11. A group of pragmatists are reorienting Iranian politics as the
revolution fades into history.
革命正在成为历史,一批实用主义者正在为伊朗重新确定政策方向。
注:reorient的意思是“为……重新规定方向“;fade into history直译是”淡入历
史“。

12. Legally, most experts agree, the case has some holes.
多数专家认为,从法律的角度来讲,这个案子有漏洞。

13. The newspaper story was quickly overrun by the White House spin machine
[ public relations team].
报纸上的这条新闻很快就被白宫“说谎机器“(即白宫宣传机构)的编造淹没了。
注:spin的原意是纺织,在美国俚语中引申为“编造谎言“;public relations的意思
是”公关“,但是在资本主义国家,公司、政府等公关机构等于我国的”宣传部“,这
同我国一般群众理解的”公关“不尽相同,为了照顾中国人对”公关“的理解,此处将
public relations译为”宣传“。

14. He blamed leaks for breakdown in the negotiations.
他把谈判失败归罪于泄密。
注:blame…for…,把……归罪于。

15. The negotiators struggled to finalize a deal.
谈判参加者努力做成一笔交易。

16. Arabs and Jews alike are increasingly at risk in a climate of steadily
rising tensions.
在紧张局势不断加剧这样一种(政治)气候中,无论是阿拉伯人还是犹太人都在冒越来
越大的风险。
注:climate原意为“气候“,此处应制”政治气候“。

17. Her husband could be freed on l within months.
她的丈夫有可能在几个月内交保释放。
注:l还可以用作动词,如:She was led out of prison.(她被取保释放)

18. Harassment of minorities remains endemic in some quarters.
在某些地方,骚扰少数民族的现象依旧司空见惯。
注:minorities,少数民族。我国正式文件中把“少数民族“译为”Minority ethnic
groups”,如: The Uygurs are one of China’s minority ethnic groups.(维吾尔
族是中国少数民族之一)

19. The setting up of a credible oversight authority has curbed police
brutality.
由于建立了一个可信任的监督机构,警察暴行受到了遏制。
注:oversight,监督,监管。

20. The number of complains is down simply because abused citizens have
given up.
投诉减少,只是因为受害公民放弃投诉。 21.If Iraq sticks to the road map laid out for it by the United Nations,
sanctions could be lifted without more ado.
如果伊拉克恪守联合国有关决议,那么无需更多的麻烦就能取消对它的制裁。
注:Road map,交通图、道路图;此处直译是“如果伊拉克按照联合国交通图向前走不
偏离方向”。ado 是“纷扰“、”麻烦“的意思,如:much ado about nothing,无事
生非。

22. To ask that companies in such capital-intensive instries as oil
exploration be swayed by the political whims of their home government would
rock business confidence.
要求本国政府用经常是随心所欲的政策决策左右石油勘探等资本密集型行业的公司,那
就会动摇商界信心。
注:capital intensive,资本密集型(technology intensive,技术密集型; labor
intensive,劳动密集型);oil exploration,石油勘探。注意:to ask后面带宾语从
句,从句中是虚拟语气。

23. The plan gives the government a useful tool with which to allocate
resources optimally.
这项计划为政府优化资源配置提供了有效手段。
注此处翻译时把英文副词optimally当作动词(optimize,优化); allocate原意是“分
配”、“分派”、“划归”,转义“配置”;tool此处作“手段”。

24. The bribery scandal sparked a squabble between radicals and moderates in
the parliament.
这个贿赂丑闻在国会激进派和温和派之间引发了一场争吵。
注:radicals,激进派;moderates,温和派。

25. Recalcitrant backbenchers hamstrung the prime minister’s attempt to
railroad the bill through the Commons.
不屈不挠的后座议员们挫败了首相操纵下议院匆忙通过这个法案的企图。
注:backbencher指英国下议院坐在后排的议员,即普通议员(包括首相在内的现任内
阁成员和反对党的影子内阁成员坐在前排);railroad,此处作动词,意思是匆忙通
过。

26. To end the war in Bosnia, the West abandoned impartiality and junked the
idea of proportionate response.
为了结束波斯尼亚战争,西方放弃了不偏不倚的立场,摈弃了均衡反应的主张。
注:proportionate response均衡反应,指对战争(或争议)双方做出在力度、方式上
均衡的反应。

27. The West may accommodate zigs and zags in Russian foreign policy as the
price for helping Yeltsin keep his job.
西方国家也许能容忍俄罗斯外交政策曲折多变——这是为帮助叶利钦保住总统职位付出
的代价。
注:zigs,(行进路线、政策等的)改变方向,急变; zags(曲折行程中方向的)急
转,方向突变;helping Yeltsin keep his job,此处job指叶利钦的总统职位。

28. Japanese prime ministers tend to have a short shelf life and a weak
brand image.
日本历届首相往往是上台不久就下台,而且品牌形象也欠佳。
注:句子中用了两个商业词汇作比喻,shelf life和brand image,商品货架期,即商
品摆在货架上出售的最大期限,例如在欧洲,面包的货架期最多3天,过期卖不出去的
予以销毁。Brand image品牌形象。对“品牌形象”,中国人比较熟悉,但“商品货架
期”并不是人人都知道。考虑到中国商品经济仍然不发达这个现实,为了让读者明白,
我们采取了解释的翻译方法。此处“首相”用的是复数,指“历届首相”。

29. Without thorough-going reform, no amount of tinkering with the rules
will get Mexico out of its murky political swamp.
没有彻底的改革,无论怎样修补(政治游戏)规则也无法使墨西哥从尔虞我诈的政治泥
沼中摆脱出来。
注:thorough-going,彻底;tinker,作名词时的意思是“补锅匠”、“小炉匠”,用作
动词时转义为“修补”。

30. The opposition offered to draw a line under the abuses of the past, in
return for seats in the transitional cabinet.
反对党建议给过去执政党滥用权力划一条底线,以此换取过渡内阁的席位。
注:the opposition=the opposition party,反对党(the party in power,执政
党)。这句话的意思是反对党为了政治交易,规定追究的最大程度。

31. He is the standard bearer of those who still keep faith in the status
quo.
在仍然信守现状的人们中,他是旗手。
注:standard bearer, 旗手,如:Lu Xun was the standard bearer of the
literary revolution.(鲁迅是文学革命的旗手。) Status quo to,现状,如:
maintain the status quo,维持现状;keep faith in,信守、坚持。

32. If they think that that clinches the argument against deregulation of
the economy, they miss a crucial point.
如果他们认为那样做就能证明反对撤消经济调节之说言之有理,那么他们就没有抓住问
题的要害。
注:这个句子有两个that,第一个是主句与宾语从句的连接次,第二个是宾语从句的主
语,意思是“那样做”。clinch在此处的意思是“有充分证据的证明”;regulation
of the economy的意思是“经济调节”,deregulation是regulation的反义词,即“撤
消调节”。另外,调控用control,如macro-economic control,宏观经济调控。

33. Confidence is the ingredient needed to revive Nigeria’s chastened
political fortunes.
如欲复苏尼日利亚历经磨难的政治机运,信心乃是一个不可缺少的因素。
注:chastened,历经磨难、饱经沧桑的;ingredient此处转义“因素”。

34. A country’s legal responsibility toward genuine refugees should not be
manipulated for political ends.
一个国家对真正的难民所承担的法律责任不应被政治目的所左右。
注:manipulate, 操纵。

35. The voter turnout was small and the margin tiny, in contrast to the
previous election, hen the populist Party swamped the opposition, which was
widely tout4ed as a pro-business lobby.
选民参选率很低,两党得票差额极小,这与上次选举形成对照:在上次选举中,平民当
以压倒多数的选票战胜了反对党,当时反对党被大事张扬地说成是商界利益代言人。
注:这个句子的结构比较复杂。为了把这些关系清楚地表示出来,我们重复了某些关键
词。例如which was widely touted as a pro-business lobby实际上是在说明上次选
举反对党何以一败涂地。Voter turnout, 选民参选率;pro-business lobby中的lobby
指资本主义国家的“院外游说集团”,此处转义“代言人”;pro-是“亲……的意
思”,如This is a pro-U.S. group. (这是一个亲美组织。); widely,广泛地,转
义为“大事张扬”;to be touted as 被吹嘘成。

36. He rose to prominence under the tutelage of a former prime minister, and
is cosy with the main ministers.
他是在一位前总理的亲自调教下功成名就的,因此他同内阁主要部门首长谨慎相处。
注:看起来是并列句,但是两个句子的意思内含因果关系。To be cosy with,谨慎从事
;main ministers,直译是“主要部长”。

37. The State Department countered the accusation with a lizard of
statistics purporting to show improvement.
国务院用大量自称能说明工作有所改进的数据驳斥这一指责。
注:the State Department,专指美国国务院(相当于其他国家的外交部),我国国务
院的英文译名是the State Council;blizzard,原意是“暴风雨”、“大风雪”此处转
义; purporting to, 此处有“自称”的意思,如:This book purports to be an
original work but it is actually a compilation. (这本书自称是原著,实际上编
撰而成的集子)

38. Talks between the two sides, brokered by the U.S. ambassador, have
reached a stalemate.
由美国大使说合的双方谈判陷入僵局。
注:broker, 原意“经纪人”,作动词用时为“说合”、“调停”之义;reach (come
to) a stalemate,陷入僵局。

39. Loopholes in the proposed tax law could mean that it is in for a bumpy
ride when it goes before the Senate, and may even be quashed by a
presidential veto.
建议中的税法漏洞百出,被参议院通过的前景十分艰难,即使通过,也有可能因总统否
决而无效。
注: a bumpy ride, 原意是“(乘车)颠簸不堪”;quash 是法律名词,意思是“撤
消”、“废止”、“宣布无效”等等。美国参、众两院分别是the Senate、House of
Representatives; veto,否决权(n.)、否决(v.)。

40. The judiciary, not local tribunals, should have the last word in
electoral disputes.
对于选举争议,只有政府司法部门而不是地方法庭才有裁决权。
注:the judiciary,一个国家的司法部或司法系统;tribunal,一般指审理特定案件的
法庭,如:military tribunal, 军事法庭。

80个经典句子背初中单词 希望英语单词80个句子40个

给我80个常用或经典的英语句子。

常用英语100句

◆Greetings问候

1.Good morning/afternoon/evening! 早上/下午/晚上好!
2.Hi/Hello! 你好!
3. How do you do? 您好!
4.How are you? 你好吗?
5.Fine,thank you. 很好,谢谢。

◆Introcing 介绍
6.This is Mr Jones. 这位是琼斯先生。
7.Mr Jones,I"d like you to meet my friend Zhang Wei. 琼斯先生,我想介绍您认识一下我的朋友张伟。
8.May I know/have your name? 请问您叫什么名字?
9.My name is Zhang Wei /I"m Zhang Wei. 我叫张伟。
10.I"m from America./I come from America. 我来自美国。

◆Hosting 招待客人
11.I"d like to invite you to a dinner party at XXX Hotel. 我想请您在XXX大酒店吃饭
12.It"s a pleasure to have you here. 很高兴您能光临。
13. Make yourself at home/Help yourself,please. 不要客气/请随便用。
14. To your health! 祝您身体健康
15.I wish to propose a toast to our friendship and cooperation.Cheers! 我提议为我们的友谊与合作,干杯!

◆Departing 道别
16.Goodbye/Bye. 再见。
17.See you tomorrow/again/later. 明天见/再见/待会儿见。
18.I have to go now. 我必须走了。
19.Can we get together later? 我们以后还会再见吗?
20.Keep in touch. 保持联系。

◆Time时间
21.Can you tell me the time? 现在几点啦?
22.It"s ten o"clock/ten fifteen. 现在10点/10点15分。
23.What"s the date today? 今天几号?
24.What day is it today? 今天星期几?
25.It"s May 15/Tuesday. 今天是5月15日/星期二。

◆Weather天气
26.How is the weather today? 今天天气怎么样啊?
27.Lovely day,isn"t it? 天气真好,不是吗?
28.What"s the temperatuer today? 今天气温是多少度?
29.It"s fine/cloudy/ raining/snowing/windy. 天晴/多云/下雨/下雪/有风。
30.I hope it"ll clear up this afternoon. 我希望今天下午天会放晴。

◆Family and Occupation家庭与职业
31.Tell me something about your family,Mr zhang. 张先生,请和我谈谈你的家庭吧。
32.How many people are there in your family? 你家有几口人?
33.What is his job?/What is he? 他是做什么工作的?
34.I"m a sales manager. 我是一名销售经理。
35.I work in a big company. 我在一家大公司工作。

◆Making Plans 作安排
36.Do you have any plans for this weekend? 你这个周末有什么安排吗?
37.How long do you plan to stay in Weihai? 你打算在威海呆多久?
38.I plan to go to a concert. 我要去听一场音乐会。
39.I have no idea./I’m otherwise engaged. 我不知道。/我另有安排。
40.I"ll go to Beijing next Monday. 下周一我要去北京。

◆Asking for Directions 问路
41.Excuse me,can you tell/show me the way to the bus station? 对不起请问到汽车站怎么走?
42.You can get there by bus/by taxi/on foot. 你可以坐公共汽车/坐出租车/步行去那里。
43.Go straight ahead to the traffic lights,then turn left. 向前一直走到交通灯,然后向左转。
44.Please come with me,I"m going in that direction. 请跟我来,我也往那边走。
45.You can"t miss it. 你不会走错的。

◆Shopping 购物
46.Can/May I help you? 您要点什么?
47.You need to go to the shoe department on the second floor. 您得上二楼的鞋靴部。
48.May I have a look at the watch? 我可以看一下这块手表吗?
49.How much is this? 这个卖多少钱?
50.I"ll take it. 我要了/我买下了。

◆Seeing A Doctor 看病
51.Shall I take you to see a doctor? 要我带你去看医生吗?
52.What"s wrong with you,madam? 夫人,哪儿不舒服?
53.I"m not feeling well. 我感觉不好。
54.First I need to take your temperature. 我得先给您量个体温。
55.How often do I take the medicine,Doctor? 隔多长时间服一次药,大夫?

◆Taking A Bus 乘车

56.Where are you going? 您要去哪儿?
57.Please take Bus No.6,and get off at the fifth stop. 请乘6路公交车,在第五站下。
58.What"s the next stop? 下一站是哪儿?
59. I’ve got to be at the municipal government of Weihai by 10:30. Can you make it? 我要在10:30之前赶到威海市政府,你能赶到吗?
60.How much is the fare? 车费多少?

◆Asking for Help and Answering 请求和给予帮助
61.Can I help you (with something) ?/What can I do for you? 我能帮你做些什么吗?
62. Excuse me,could you do me a favor? 劳驾,你能帮我一个忙吗?
63. I will do what I can. 我尽力而为。
64.It"s my pleasure. 乐意为您效劳。
65.If there"s anything I can help you with, please let me know. 如果有什么我能帮上忙的,请告诉我。

◆Expressing Approval and Disapproval 表示赞成与反对
66.Yes, that"s right. 是,没错。
67.I agree with you. 我同意你的意见。
68.That"s exactly what I think. 我就是这么认为的。
69.I"m afraid I can"t agree with you there. 恐怕在这点上我不能同意你的意见。
70.Well, I"m not sure about that, perhaps... 呃,那个我不太肯定。也许……

◆Suggesting 提出建议
71.You should go to see a doctor. 你该去看医生。
72.You"d better call him tomorrow. 你最好明天给他打个电话。
73.Maybe you can ask her for help. 也许你可以请她帮忙。
74.Why not go by train? 你为什么不坐火车去呢?
75.If I were you, I"d go back at once. 我是你的话,我就马上回

◆Calling 打电话
76.Hello, this is Su Ning speaking. 喂,我是苏宁。
77.I"d like to speak to Mr Johnson, please. 可以跟约翰逊先生通话吗?
78.Please hold on. 请稍候。
79.I"ve been expecting your call. 我一直在等您的电话。
80.He isn"t in.Would you like to leave a message? 他不在。您要不要留下口信?

◆Likes and Dislikes 询问意见与喜好
81.How do you like/What do you think of Chinese food? Chinese food? 你觉得中国饭菜怎么样?
82.Which do you prefer,tea or coffee? 你喜欢喝点什么,茶还是咖啡?
83.What do you think of the film? 你觉得这部电影怎么样?
84.I like vegetables better than meat. 与肉相比,我更喜欢吃蔬菜。
85.I don"t like rainy days. 我不喜欢下雨天。

◆Congratulating and Complimenting 祝贺与夸奖
86.Congratulations! 祝贺你!
87.Happy birthday! 生日愉快!
88.It"s a wonderful party! 晚会好极了!
89.It"s a great job! 干得好极了!
90.It"s very nice of you to say so. 你这么说真好。

◆Expressing Feelings 表达情感
91.Wonderful! 好极了!
92.How could he do that! 他怎么能这么做!
93.What a shame/pity! 真可惜!
94.My goodness! 我的天哪!
95.That"s incredible! 真难以置信。

◆Thanks and Apologies 感激与道歉
96.Thank you for the help. 谢谢您的帮助。
97.You"re welcome./My pleasure. 别客气。
98.It"s very kind of you to do that for me. 你真太好了,为我做了这个。
99.I"m sorry about that. 我对此很抱歉。
100.That"s okay. 没事儿。

参考资料: ://weihai.gov.cn/xw/ti/zcwm/dispxxnr.asp?id=3

求80个优美的英文句子,要带有翻译的

While there is life there is hope.
一息若存,希望不灭。

I am a slow walker,but I never walk backwards. ( America)
我走得很慢,但是我从来不会后退。(亚伯拉罕.林肯美国)

Never underestimate your power to change yourself!
永远不要低估你改变自我的能力!

Nothing is impossible!
没有什么不可能!

Nothing for nothing.
不费力气,一无所得。

The man who has made up his mind to win will never say "impossible ". (Bonaparte Napoleon ,French emperor )
凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说“不可能的”。( 法国皇帝 拿破仑. B.)

I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的爱来迎接今天

Do what you say,say what you do
做你说过的,说你能做的

I can make it through the rain. I can stand up once again on my own.
我可以穿越云雨,也可以东山再起(Mariah Carey-through the rain)

All things come to those who wait.
苍天不负有心人

A thousand-li journey is started by taking the first step.
千里之行,始于足下。

Never, never, never, never give up (Winston Churchill)
永远不要、不要、不要、不要放弃。(英国首相 丘吉尔)

A man is not old as long as he is seeking something. A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. (J. Barrymore)
只要一个人还有追求,他就没有老。直到后悔取代了梦想,一个人才算老。(巴里摩尔)

You have to believe in yourself . That"s the secret of success.(Charles Chaplin , American actor )
人必须相信自己,这是成功的秘诀。 (美国演员 卓别林. C.)

One"s real value first lies in to what degree and what sense he set himself.(Einstein Germany)
一个人的真正价值首先决定于他在什么程度上和在什么意义上从自我解放出来。(爱因斯坦 德国)

One thing I know,that is I know nothing.(Socrates Greek)
我所知道的一件事就是我一无所知。(苏格拉底 古希腊)

Cease to struggle and you cease to live. -- Thomas Carlyle
生命不止,奋斗不息。 -- 卡莱尔

Victory won"t come to me unless I go to it. --
胜利是不会向我们走来的,我必须自己走向胜利。 -- 穆尔

We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. -- Mattin Luther King
我们必须接受失望,因为它是有限的,但千万不可失去希望,因为它是无穷的。 -- 马丁 ? 路德 ? 金

It"s great to be great , but it"s greater to be human. ---W. Rogers
成为伟人固然伟大,但成为真正的人更加伟大.

Never give up, Never lose the opportunity to succeed
不放弃就有成功的机会。

Don"t try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。

Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life .( Thomas Edison , American inventor)
有所成就是人生唯一的真正乐趣。( 美国发明家 爱迪生. T. )

Man struggles upwards; water flows downwards.
人往高处走,水往低处流。

Nothing seek, nothing find.
无所求则无所获。

One needs 3 things to be truly happy living in the world: some thing to do, some one to love, some thing to hope for.
在这个世界我们只需拥有三件事便可真正快乐:有自己向往的事业;有自己爱的人;还有希望.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ( Voltaire )
我不同意你说的话,但我愿意誓死捍卫你说话的权利。(伏尔泰)

All things in their being are good for something.
天生我才必有用。

Failure is the mother of success.
失败乃成功之母。

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn"t do than by the things you did.--------Mark Twain
今后二十年你会因为没做某事,而不是做了某事而失望。--------马克*吐温

Truth needs no colour; beauty , no pencil. —— William Shakespeare
真理不需色彩,美丽不需涂饰。 ——W?莎士比亚

It is not enough to be instrious, so are the ants. What are you instrious about?( H.D. Thoreau)
光勤劳是不够的,蚂蚁也是勤劳的。要看你为什么而勤劳。(梭罗)

To err is human, to forgive, divine. -- Pope
人孰无过?心存宽恕,就是圣洁。 --蒲柏

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
抱最好的希望,做最坏的打算。

If you would go up high , then use your own legs ! Do not let yourselves carried aloft; do not seat yourselves on other people"s backs and heads . (F. W . Nietzsche , German Philosopher)
如果你想走到高处,就要使用自己的两条腿!不要让别人把你抬到高处;不要坐在别人的背上和头上。(德国哲学家 尼采. F. W.)

If you do not learn to think when you are young, you may never learn. ( Edison )
如果你年轻时不学会思考,那就永远不会。(爱迪生)

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. -- Thomas Carlyle
最严重的错误莫过于不觉得自己有任何错误。 -- 托马斯?卡莱尔

Even a great life is only a life until you make it.
美好生活,自己创造.

Do not know how high the sky is until one climbs up the tops of mountains,and do not know how thick the earth is until one comes to the deep river.(Xun Kuang China)
不登高山,不知天之高也;不临深溪,不知天之厚也。(荀况 中国)

There is only one success--- to be able to spend your life in your own way. --Morley
只有一种成功,那就是能够用自己的方式度过自己的一生。 --莫利

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. ( A. Einstein )
不要为成功而努力,要为作一个有价值的人而努力。(爱因斯坦)

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. ( Bernard Shaw )
明白事理的人使自己适应世界;不明事理的人想使世界适应自己。(萧伯钠)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. ( A. J. Heschel )
少时喜欢聪明人,老来喜欢仁厚人。(赫歇尔)

The failures and reverses which await men - and one after another sadden the brow of youth - add a dignity to the prospect of human life, which no Arcadian success would do. -- Henry David Thoreau
尽管失败和挫折等待着人们,一次次地夺走青春的容颜,但却给人生的前景增添了一份尊严,这是任何顺利的成功都不能做到的。——梭罗

The road of life is like a large river,because of the power of the currents,river courses appear unexpectedly where there is no flowing water.(Tagore India)
人生的道路就像一条大河,由于急流本身的冲击力,在从前没有水流的地方,冲刷出崭新的意料不到的河道。(泰戈尔 印度)

Dare and the world always yields. If it beats you sometimes, dare it again and again and it will succumb. --
你勇敢,世界就会让步。如果有时它战胜你,你要不断地勇敢再勇敢,它就会屈服。 -- W.M. 萨克雷

Do not, for one repulse, forgo the purpose that you resolved to effort. ( Shakespeare )
不要只因一次挫败,就放弃你原来决心想达到的目的。(莎士比亚)

It"s never too late to mend.
过而能改,善莫大焉(亡羊补牢,犹未晚也)

Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.
在你想了解别人也想让别人了解你之前,先完善并了解自己。

We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. ( Martin Luther King, Jr.)
我们必须接受失望,因为它是有限的,但千万不可失去希望,因为它是无穷的。(马丁。路德。金)

Time is a bird for ever on the wing. ( T. W. Robertson )
时间是一只永远在飞翔的鸟。(罗伯逊)

An idle youth,a needy age.
少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。

Diligence is the mother of good plough deep while ggards sleep,you will have corn to sell and to keep.( America)
勤奋是幸运之母;如果懒汉睡觉的时候你深耕土地,你就会有谷物出售和储存。(本杰明.弗兰克林)

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. --Franklin Roosevelt
我们唯一不得不害怕的就是害怕本身。 -- 富兰克林?罗斯福

washing time mean ending life.
浪费时间等于结束生命.

Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow. --Emerson
进步乃今日之努力,明日之保证。-- 爱默生

Victory won"t come to me unless I go to it. ( M. Moore )
胜利是不会向我们走来的,我必须自己走向胜利。(穆尔)

What makes life dreary is the want of motive. (George Eliot )
没有了目的,生活便郁闷无光。(艾略特)

Work is the grand cure of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind. ( Carlyle )
工作是医治人间一切病痛和疾苦的万应良药。(卡莱尔)

Four short words sum up what has lifted most successful indivials above the crowd: a little bit more.
四个简短的词汇概括了成功的秘诀:多一点点!
Better be the head of an ass than the tail of a horse.
宁为鸡头,不为凤尾。

The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them,they make them.(George Bernard Shaw, British dramatist )
在这个世界上,取得成功的人是那些努力寻找他们想要机会的人,如果找不到机会,他们就去创造机会。( 英国剧作家 肖伯纳. G.)

The failures and reverses which await men - and one after another sadden the brow of youth - add a dignity to the prospect of human life, which no Arcadian success would do. -- Henry David Thoreau
尽管失败和挫折等待着人们,一次次地夺走青春的容颜,但却给人生的前景增添了一份尊严,这是任何顺利的成功都不能做到的。 -- 梭罗
Laziness is like a lock, which bolts you out of the storehouse of information and makes you an intellectual starveling. --Bernard Shaw
懒惰就象一把锁,锁住了知识的仓库,使你的智力便得匮乏。 --萧伯纳
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. --Abraham Lincoln
永远记住:你自己的取得成功的决心比什么都重要。 --林肯

The profoundest thought or passion sleeps as in a mine until an equal mind and heart finds and publishes it. --Ralph Waldo Emerson
最深的思想或感情就如同深睡的矿藏,在等待着同样深沉的头脑与心灵去发现和开采。 --爱默生

The three foundations of learning: seeing much, suffering much, and studying much. —— Catherall
求学的三个基本条件是:多观察,多吃苦,多研究。 —— 加塞罗尔

As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever. ( C. Darrow )
只要世界还存在,就会有错误,如果没有人反叛,这些错误将永远存在下去。(达罗)
Patience! The windmill never strays in search of the wind. ( Andy J. Sklivis )
耐心等待!风车从不跑去找风。(斯克利维斯)

Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. ( Strong)
与其诅咒黑暗,不如燃起蜡烛。(斯特郎)
Our destiny offers not the cup of despair , but the chalice of opportunity . (Richard Nixon, American President )
命运给予我们的不是失望之酒,而是机会之杯。(美国总统 尼克松 . R.)

Birth is much, but breeding is more.
教养比出身更重要。
If you would go up high , then use your own legs! Do not let yourselves carried aloft; do not seat yourselves on other people"s backs and heads . (F. W . Nietzsche , German Philosopher)
如果你想走到高处,就要使用自己的两条腿!不要让别人把你抬到高处;不要坐在别人的背上和头上。(德国哲学家 尼采. F. W.)
You don"t have to be afraid of what you are !
你不必害怕真正的你!!

What is the man"s first ty? The answer is brief: to be himself. -- Henrik Ibsen
一个人的首要职责是什么?答案很简单:做自己。 -- 易卜生

另外,还有个网址,
://tieba./f?kz=9

相关专题: 给我 英语